Wednesday, April 17, 2013

personal progress - faith value project

i recently started working on my value project for faith since i have completed the required value experiences.
After you have completed six faith value experiences, create a project that will help you practice what you have learned. This should be a significant effort that will take at least ten hours to complete. Prayerfully seek the guidance of the Holy Ghost to select a meaningful project. 
one of the suggested value projects is this:
Memorize “The Living Christ”.  As you do,consider the Savior’s influence in your life and how your faith in Him has increased.  Practice following the Savior’s example
i chose to memorize "The Living Christ".  this publication, expresses my church's witness and my own personal beliefs on Jesus Christ.

each value project is supposed to take you at least 10 hours, and this one definitely will.  i started to look around the internet for some help.

i found an awesome resource here that i decided to use, but there are some other awesome helps here and here.

then i started to memorize.  but it was slow going because i would forget that i was working on it for days at a time.

so i decided to get serious.

i downloaded an app onto my phone of the words so that i would have it with me all the time to work on.

i took the posters that i printed from "discover the scriptures" and hung them on the wall in my hallway so i would see them all the time.  they suggest you memorize one poster a week.  i'm trying to do it faster than that.

i hung up the first 4 posters


and then just decided to hang up the rest.
here are all 12 in a row, waiting for me to memorize them.


i'm currently memorizing lines from this one. I've memorized through "raising the dead."


 i'll check back in a week or so and let you know how it's coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.