Saturday, July 27, 2013

Very Grateful for Heavenly Father's Watchful Eye

This past Thursday, my father-in-law and my youngest Clara were in a car accident.  I got the call from Nathan who had received a call from his dad.  Nathan was 30 miles away at the time, so he called me to go be with them and drive them home. The accident was only a couple of miles from me.

Nathan started his call with, "everyone is ok".  Never a good sign.

A man had turned left in front of my father-in-law.  Both cars were pretty mangled and my father-in-laws car ended up in the shrubbery of the Walker's gas station.




As soon as Clara saw me, she started whimpering and said, "I wanna go home!"  A worker inside of the gas station brought her out a doughnut and a slushie.

Thankfully, my Clara and Rick only ended up with bumps and bruises.  They both had a good bruise from their seat belt/car seat.


Rick somehow mangled his knee a bit and his back was really sore.  Nathan came and took him to the hospital to get checked out, and everything seemed ok.

I am very grateful for the protection and watchful eye of my Heavenly Father.  I am very grateful that my other children were not in the car.  I am grateful that at least 3 other drivers stopped to offer assistance.  I am grateful that my father-in-law drives such a big boat of a car - I can't even imagine what the impact would have been on a smaller car.  I am grateful for airbags, seat belts and car seats to help keep us safe.  I am grateful that the driver of the other car was safe.  I am grateful that a gas station cashier was concerned enough about my child to bring her out a treat.

Every time we get in the car, Clara is still talking about the big crash!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.